Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Surrender to Freedom~


Good Morning 'jala' jalaians~

I'm getting ready to teach 'jala' flow and play. A class mixed with influenced Anusara, Vinyasa flow and of course a few inversions to get upside down. It's 8:15am and you just never know who will walk through the door (living in the present or now the future......), I love it~a surprise gift every day when it comes to teaching yoga. Today we are going to go into some basics of Tadasana and with other standing poses, really getting into them and holding them......'surrendering' to them to give us freedom! After reading the article by Darren Rhodes in Elephant Journal (check it out if you haven't read it yet)....so inspiring and I have even heard the story many times. I have decided to go through each pose in "Light on Yoga" and so yesterday my own personal practice was Tadasana and Trickanasana. So for today and 'jala' students I will be rewarding them with the same gifts.

I have a few of the Daily 'D' books at the studio and they help give me inspiration for intentions of the day along with other life experiences. So my intention for today is inspired by one of the Daily 'D's'. To sum up it up in just a few words, "Surrender to Freedom". This is put in my own words so bare with me and hopefully it will come full circle within your heart. I feel as if a lot of times we run away from our fears, sadness, frustration, anger or at least there is that breaking point of when we wish it would just go away~We even shout to the universe...'take this feeling away....give me freedom...give me happiness' but in reality, freedom can only come in fullness when you surrender to what you need to face. Surrendering to a challenge and accepting it's fear is connecting ourselves in a deeper way and getting us closer to 'freedom'. For example; one of my poses that I really don't like in yoga is 'Hanumanasana' and matter of fact when it comes up in a class or a workshop I all of a sudden have to go to the restroom....HA....that is not surrendering and that is not gaining freedom...it's called, 'running away'....:) However, lately I have been 'trying' to teach this pose in class in order to surrender and soften. Guess what, I'm still not there and I still dislike the pose a little...:) but I'm starting to feel freedom. So, I challenge you to take a pose or a life situation that you are scared of or frustrated with and surrender to the emotions that come in and take small baby steps ~ First start with breathing and then surrender completely with your heart and mind. Express your freedom in fullness and feel the rush of shakti and shri vibrate through your whole being!

Just finished class with a beautiful yogi! Only had one student but the gift of teaching one student is full of teaching a 100 students, need I say more?

love, shri and FREEDOM~
Jenna and 'jalaBlu'

No comments:

Post a Comment