Sunday, July 10, 2011

Yoga is an Invitation into a Life of LOVE




Every day I am so thankful that I stepped into an 'Anusara' yoga class 10 years ago. I had no idea of the beauty that would unfold within my life and the lives around me. Just recently jalaBlu had Kenny Graham for a weekend workshop in Buena Vista, CO. Tears of joy filled my eyes at the end as we chanted with Kenny. As I looked around at my Kula within jalaBlu and the amazing hearts that traveled the distance, I realized there was so much love within the room. Friends were holding hands, smiles coming from the heart and tears of freedom and bliss were dancing. A lot of my students have never done a workshop before and they devoted their hearts to the whole weekend. I actually saw them transform within just 3 days and not just within their asana practice but within their hearts. When students really start to get this beautiful practice (yoga) and connect to the magic of Anusara, I see them light up. I saw one of my students after the workshop at the Evergreen Cafe and when she saw me she started to cry and even writing this my eyes are filling up with tears of joy. She wasn't crying out of sadness but out of happiness or perhaps her tears were giving her freedom within a part of her life, I'm not sure but either way this was a gift. This practice invites us into a deeper connection with ourselves and with the currents of life. Anusara Yoga is pure magic, it has given me unknown power that I never knew I had, the gift of loving myself and others deeper, an openness to the unknown, courage, wisdom, softness and an invitation to follow my heart and 'believe'! To share Anusara yoga with others is the best part of my life, the more I share, the more I embrace the heart and what it has to offer.

"Believe" 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment