Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Dream of jalaBlu~How did it ignite?

Inhale shakti, Exhale shri, Ignite!~

The word manifest is probably one of the strongest words within my own vocabulary. It has a meaning that is so magical and can ignite many blessings within ones life, truly! In 2008 when I thought my world was falling apart, I decided to go to a yoga retreat in Salulito, Mexico (Haramara). I had taken a random workshop with Darren Rhodes (known in the Anusara yoga world) in CO and oddly enough when I looked at the website for Haramara I saw his name and the exact week I wanted to go, "perfect"!!!! Little did I know that 'D' would become one of my main yoga teachers in life~AND.....introduce me to the word 'manifest' in one of the fullest ways......! I have told 'D' that he is one of 'the master manifestor'......in life. So, during Haramara (the yoga retreat) we would practice yoga A LOT but not just in the physical form, also in the mindful form. We would write in our journals, share with others....'D' would ask us life long questions that would leave us with blank faces or hearts and minds that were battling with what is right to write....laughing......When your faced with the question, "What do you desire in life, what do you really want, who are you, what are you waiting for, etc...." and then 'D' would say ..."ok"....5 minutes to write....My first thought was, "5 minutes"?????? "are you kidding me"?.....No,he wasn't. No time to think with the mind, write with the heart and so I did. And so, this is how jalaBlu began even though at the time I didn't know the name (jalaBlu), I didn't even know what it was going to be but somewhere inside of me I started to write, write, write and write. My intention that I left with that year at Haramara was "To embrace clarity and a grander love for myself, ignites the power within and all around".

After Haramara I traveled through S.E. Asia for 7 months (Thailand, Indonesia and Taiwan). If you have interest my blog is: www.jennagoestoasia@blogspot.com . I carried this intention with me the whole time.......kind of knowing what it meant and not knowing what it meant at all and not expecting it to mean SOOOOOO much. Traveling by myself was so powerful in so many ways and even now as I think back it's still having such a great impact on my life, my beliefs, my love for life and the way I choose to live. To sum up traveling alone...well, you have a lot of time to get to know yourself and look deeper within. Some things you don't want to know but they confront you and you invite them in....:)

I started yoga 9 years ago when I was a fitness instructor in Vail. Yoga really started to impact my life when I was in my mid thirties and when I lost my job as an Assistant Designer yoga was my way to heal and think about my next path.....Well, that path was traveling....:) Throughout my travels in S.E. Asia I studied yoga in Thailand and Indonesia and started to realize that my love for yoga was really never ending and unconditional. I knew that I was like a humming bird, wanting more sweet nectar and that I just wanted more more and more~! Something clicked within my heart desire during my travels and during my thoughts of "What do I desire, what do I want, etc...." I realized that I wanted to teach yoga and deep down inside I wanted to make yoga a HUGE part of my life~I wasn't sure how but this is when I started to 'manifest' the dream of jalaBlu without even knowing that I would own a small little yoga studio in Buena Vista, CO. So this is just the beginning~

love and shri~
jenna


No comments:

Post a Comment